We had to recreate and optimize an existing iOS application for Android devices. The client provided us with existing iOS application giving full access to its source code. We had to thoroughly review it to understand key algorithms and to write the same application for Android. The application had to be feature-packed but also easy-to-use to tackle all user needs.
The major programming language for Android application development is Java, while iOS apps were written with Swift. We had to gather a team of engineers who are experienced in both technologies. As a result of the combined effort we packed the application with such functionality:
– Users are able to review scientific conferences near them, get a list of attendees
– Review posters and listen to the audio-reports of the others
– Import their own posters from PDF and PowerPoint
– Record voice, and submit a report to the conference
– Assign poster to the group
– Take a photo with presenter
We had to conduct a number of testing sessions with users to ensure great app performance. We’ve checked the app for high load resistance, usability, and functionality. It took us four months to create the Android application. After deploying the project to the production environment, our team continues to provide support and maintenance services for both the iOS and Android applications.
Types of testing performed:
– Functional testing
– UI/UX testing