We are now entering the United States of America, a federal republic. It consists of 50 states and a federal district with Washington as its capital. Since the 19th century the US has been a leading country in the sphere of science and technologies. The Internet itself has evolved from the ARPANET of the 60-s that was designed for US security measures. United States are the home to such companies as:
- Many others
In fact, most of really advanced technology and software are coming from the US. So what is going on in the Software Testing Outsourcing field of the US?
Quality Assurance, USA
Although US is one of the world’s leaders in software development with an enormous potential in the field, American companies still prefer to offshore QA to various IT outsourcing companies. What matters here is the price, hence an average Chinese or Indian worker earns from $12 to $20 on a daily basis versus $51-70 earned by an average QA engineer in the US. This difference actually shifts the scales. Although software development is really profitable for the country’s economy, businesses find it cheaper to use Ukrainian, Philippian, Indian and Chinese offshoring services in Quality Assurance and Quality Control, rather than providing their own ones. Expenses on American workers are higher. So offshoring here simply loses its shine and glitter as its basic goal is cheaper and faster software.
However, the US doesn't lack its own QA and software testing companies, for instance:
- Celtic Testing Experts – The company is based in Atlanta. It has proven to be a fine partner in software testing to some of the world’s largest corporations.
- Cigniti Technologies Ltd. – A swell independent software testing company,based in Texas.
- Teo Inc. – An end-to-end QA testing company that offers QA and Software Testing services.
- LogiGear – Straight from California. The company provides cutting edge software testing services.
- Qualitest – The world’s second biggest software testing and QA company. It is quite hard to miss.