Adopting a comprehensive approach to greening IT is our number one priority and responsibility toward developing a sustainable environment. We strive to green our IT products and to minimize the environmental impact of our business.
TestFort QA Lab provides the following measures to reduce environmental problems:
- We monitor ongoing energy consumption and try to minimize it;
- Unused equipment is turned off;
- We only utilize TFT (flat screen) monitors; CRT monitors are used in some types of testing and only if necessary;
- Purchasing new equipment, we prefer energy-saving devices;
- Our equipment is regularly maintained, repaired and upgraded;
- Only luminescent and energy saving light bulbs are used in TestFort office;
- We use mainly paperless documentation workflow and minimize printing;
- If paper is used, it is done as eco-friendly as possible (both sides);
- Our employees widely use public (in particular, electric) transport and the tube (the office is in a 2-minute walk out of a metro station) to get to the office;
- We use flexible start and finish working hours to simplify our employees travelling by public transport;
- Virtual (from home) working and telecommuting is encouraged if it is possible;
- In the office the vast majority of our employees use ceramic cups and dishes instead of plastic disposable ones.
Supporting green initiatives, we also enjoy a competitive edge and gain financial and other benefits, such as reducing energy consumption, decreasing costs and improving of system performance.