We live in a world surrounded with internet. Access to the web is now easily accessible and the demand of decent solutions is high as never. But users do not only require quantity. Everyone today is more tech savvy than even a decade ago. Children of 3-5 years are capable of surfing through the internet today! This brings us to high quality standards and expectations this industry’s requirements dictate.
However many businesses, especially small and medium ones require web solutions, but are not from the IT industry hence are relying their trust on outsourcing service providers. In this article we will discuss all required essential for business owners to be aware of what should they expect from cutting-edge high quality web testing services. Let’s create a special plan with more detailed descriptions:
- Functional Testing: This step is designed to ensure all your functionality is working as you want it to, all links are operational; every feature does exactly what is required. Every shape and box of content is on its place and in the form you require it to be. Cookies have to be tested whilst this stage is on and HTML/CSS has to be validated.
- Usability Testing: This step will determine whether your visitors and users will be comfortable with the solution you provide. Testers will have to ensure navigation is comfortable; every piece of content is acceptable and written in a decent way that is both engaging and easy to comprehend. Everything related to your solution must be understandable and even intuitive. Making sure everything is designed in exactly such a way usability testing sessions take place.
- Interface Testing: Web and app server interfaces will have to be tested. So will the database server interface.
- Compatibility testing: You never know what device a potential user will be looking your solution app with. It may be a laptop with Windows installed or an iPhone with iOS. Whatever the case, your solution has to work flawlessly an all demanded devices and platforms. Browsers also differ from each other. And your solution has to be tested in all of them. How does your app handle mobile browsing? How is your printing functionality, if you have any page-printing options? All this is compatibility testing.
- Performance Testing: This stage includes stress and load testing to ensure your solution will not bend or brake under pressure. How will your solution handle various kinds of speed different connections offer? And what will happen if 100 or 1000 or 10000 visitors will attempt login simultaneously?
- Security Testing: What can be said here? You will contain personal data about your users and visitors; you may even have access to their banking accounts. Plus your brand is at stake as well as your own security. No flaw may be allowed to enter the final version of your product.
All of these stages are essential for web testing. Some may be automated, while others can only be tested manually. However none of them may, nor should be slipped if we are talking of an actual, complex development project.