Below you will find the list of benefits that you can gain when using independent software testing services. They include but not limited to the following groups:
- testing quality and objectivity;
- cost and organizational benefits;
- impartial quality assessment of your software developers’ work;
- access to best QA/QC practices;
- time-to-market improvement;
- improved in-house personnel focus.
Let’s take a closer look at these benefits of independent testing.
Better testing quality and objectivity
- Unbiased and fresh view which reveals defects that can't be detected otherwise, but can be crucial for the market success of the software product;
- Strict adherence to customer's (not development vendor's) business goals and objectives;
- Independence of a development team so that they are unable to influence testing results.
Cost and organizational benefits
- No issue with "lump" testing work load, no QC bench-warmers and QC team surplus;
- No need to hire, train, fire additional employees in the peaks of testing activities;
- No expenses associated with the testing processes building and managing;
- Economy of capital investment: saving on test environment/tools purchasing and maintenance;
- Saving of office space;
- Difference in personnel wages and infrastructure costs in different countries.
Impartial quality assessment of your outsourcing software development vendors' work
- Objective, comprehensive, timely data on the developed software enabling you to estimate the real project progress, reveal problems (e.g., divergence from the schedule, budget, planned go-to-market time) and timely mitigate them;
- Proper commitment of vendor's management and development team to your project;
- Strong motivation for the vendor to make realistic project estimations, follow proper project workflow and use no tricks;
- Independent quality assessment in discussions and issues with vendors, solid arguments for fair compensation, if necessary;
- Substantial decrease of risks (e.g., unrealized cost reduction, unrealized quality promises) in outsourcing software development projects.
Access to best-of-breed capabilities and best QA/QC practices
- Access to the scarce/expensive talents or vertical expertise;
- Testing quality enhancement;
- Access to innovations and large Knowledge Base;
- In-house testing processes improvement (see an example at References page, ref.2).
More business flexibility and efficiency
- More costs for investment in business expansion or revenue-producing activities;
- More appeal for investors;
- Less complementary activities;
- Level of testing services which can't be afforded in-house;
- Better customer satisfaction;
- More revenue, higher ROI.
- Immediate project start;
- Testing time decreasing;
- Accelerating the product life cycle.
Improved in-house personnel focus
- In-house programmers are only used for the core activity (i.e., software development).
All these advantages are available for you when you work with TestFort QA Lab.